Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28

This past week in Family Relations, we talked a lot about the processes of getting married and such. I really loved this topic! We discussed things like disagreements during the first month of marriage, (ex. why the wife has all her stuff all over the bathroom, leaving the toilet seat up, where the medicine goes, the bathroom or the kitchen, etc.) We discussed planning the wedding and important things to think about while doing that like including the future husband in the plans. We talked about what problems would occur when children become part of the family and how family roles would change and shift. As I learned about these specific topics, I wanted to introduce them to my fiance so every night we talked about what I had learned and incorporated them into our relationship. I really like that I am going through most of these things while I'm learning so Nate and I can talk about them and make important decisions based on our new-found knowledge. I think it was important for us to decide things about our marriage. Especially things like the number of children we want and when to have them. This class is making me very excited to start my little future family!:)

No comments: